Before Your Appointment
To Do Before Your Appointment
- If further testing has been ordered, a prescription is necessary. A copy of the prescription will be faxed to you, your Primary Care Physician, and the facility of your choice. Our physicians prefer tests be done at a UM diagnostic facility whenever possible.
- You must notify our office (305-243-6946 or 1-800-996-3783) with the name and phone number of the facility you choose so that we may obtain authorization for you as required by your insurance carrier.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to contact the facility of choice and schedule the additional tests required. However, if you choose a UM facility our office will schedule the tests for you. If you have difficulty scheduling a test at a non UM facility please contact our office for assistance.
To Bring to Your Appointment
- All MRI, CT, X-Ray films and/or CD’s. IMPORTANT NOTE: In the event films are not available, quality paper images are an acceptable second choice. If you are not able to obtain ALL of your films at least 48 hours prior to your appointment, you MUST notify our office immediately. IF YOU DO NOT bring all of your films (MRI, CT, and X-Rays) the doctor will not be able to render the best possible recommendation and we will have to reschedule your appointment.
- A list of all medications you are currently taking (including dosage) and any medication you may need to take while you wait.
- The name, address (including zip code), phone and fax numbers for your referring physician, primary care physician, and any other physician that you want to receive a copy of our consultation report.
- Your insurance cards and picture identification.
- Your AUTHORIZATION if you have a HMO. You or your Primary Care Physician may fax (305-243-3247) this authorization to our office at least 24 hours prior to your visit. Please note that we will have to reschedule your appointment if we have not received a referral/authorization for your visit.
To Know About Your Appointment
- Your appointment may take at least four (4) hours. We apologize for any inconvenience but hope you will understand that our goal is to provide the best possible diagnosis and care for our patients
- Your appointment will be confirmed by our office 48 hours prior to your visit.
- Your appointment will most likely be on the first floor of the University of Miami Hospital and Clinics (UMHC), 1475 NW 12 Avenue, Miami, FL 33136. Some patients may have their appointment in the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. The office will confirm the location and offer directions.
- Parking at UMHC is Valet and costs $8.00.
- A small cafeteria is located at the entrance of the building and remains open until 8:00pm. There are also other eateries within walking distance on the medical campus.
- If you are running late please call our office as soon as possible 305-243-6946, press 0 for assistance.
- If you are a member of a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) contracted with our group or have Medicare or Medicaid, we will bill for the services. Be prepared to pay any co-payments, deductibles or out-of-pocket expenses at the time of service.
- If you have any other commercial insurance or non-contracted HMO/PPO and prior authorization has not been granted by your insurance carrier, be prepared to pay the full amount at the time of service.
- If paying for your visit, the consultation fee for a first time visit may be as high as $515.00 dollars. In addition to the physician fees, the hospital charges a facility fee ranging from $48.00 to $80.00 dollars based on the level of service a patient receives. Any additional tests or services ordered may incur additional fees. Payment is expected for services rendered at time of service, it may be paid with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, personal check and/or cash.